It’s Beauty Tip Thursday!! Reduce those Pores…
SOMETIMES BIGGER IS BETTER………….. NOT WHEN IT COMES TO PORES!!
Pores are tiny holes on the surface of the skin they may or may not be visible depending on the condition of the skin.
One of the main concerns when it comes to pores is enlarged pores, they can be caused by:
- GENETICS, your genes can play a major part in it it may be present in other family members, also people who tend to have oilier skin will have enlarged pore due to the heavier oil production.
- AGE, as skin matures it looses elasticity which causes the skin to sag making pores appear larger
- SUN DAMAGE, over exposed skin to the sun over the years causes skin to thicken and loose collegian. This also results in enlarged pores.
- BLACKHEADS /CLOGGED PORES, pores that get clogged will also appear larger and will widen the pore over time.
HOW TO KEEP THE PORES SMALL!!
- Keep the skin clear of excess dirt and oil by following a strict routine of cleansing and exfoliating the skin.
- Cleanse twice daily and follow by a toning lotion which removes dead skin cells, cleanser and make-up which can clog pores, exfoliate 2-3 times a week to unclog and refine pores.
- Try not to squeeze them (but chances are everyone will) or over sqeeze them as this process will weaken the pore wall leaving scare tissue and enlarged pores, this will also cause cross contamination if the pores are infected.
- Always wear a daily sunscreen.
- Moisturize daily with the appropriate creams, but not too much in the area you notice the pores the most.
- You can always do a home remedy of steaming your face over a bowl of hot water for about 10-15 mins. Steam will open the pores and will help unclog them.
There are many companies that have products especially for pores such as:
- Lancôme visionnaire serum – €70.00
- Estee lauder idealist pore minimising skin refinisher 50ml – €30.00
- Benefit Porefessional 22ml – €33.50
- Clinique pore refining solutions which contains a correcting serum €49.00 and an Instant Perfector €25.00
The Clinique Instant Perfector is my personal favourite, when applied the pores look smooth and flawless with a matt finish. Lasting up to 8 hours, it resists sweat and humidity. You can wear it alone or with make-up.
EVERYONE HAS A FEW PORES THAT NEED A LITTLE HELP….