Wanna take your eye from fine to fab in seconds?? By adding volume and length your eyes will look amazing! Well it couldn’t be easier with…. False Lashes.
When choosing lashes make sure that you choose the ones that are going to complement your eyes and the look you’re going for. There are so many makes and styles to choose from.
You may be looking for a natural false lash, something that will enhance and open up your eyes. Choosing an individual lash can be perfect for this as you can place the lashes in the area that you want them, generally on the outer corner of the eye.
- Kiss Individual Lashes at €7.11, are good value as you will get a couple of applications out of one pack.
- My personal favourite for a natural lash has to be Active Lashes 06 was €3.99, NOW €1.99! These are so easy to apply and are quite light on the eyes. Perfect for the 1920’s look as it just adds length to the corner of the eyes. Perfect lashes for bridal.
When it comes to party time and you want BIG, beautiful lashes then its time to experiment, but do remember that you have to wear these all day or night so choose wisely as some lashes can be very heavy to wear. Katy Perry has brought out a rang of lashes, her pair called “Oh My” at €6.99, are a layered effect and these really do add a lot of drama. Some of my favourites are:
- Kiss Paparazzi 02 @ 6.99 for extra volume and length.
- Active 06 lashes for bridal and the natural look
- Just lashes “ Sold Out Show” for a volumized look
- Just lashes “ Natural Whisper” for a natural look
If you dare to be different you can always add some glitz to your lashes and eyes by adding some glitter liner along the lash line after you have applied your lashes or tip the tops of the lashes with the glitter. Getting yourself a good glue to use for all your applications is wise as some of the glues that come with lashes you would want to patch test it to make sure you are not going to be allergic first.
- Kiss does glue at €4.99. It is waterproof, odor free and it dries clear.
- Benefit Lash Glue. Find Benefit Cosmetics in Sam McCauley Chemist:
Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow
Redmond Square, Wexford
Showgrounds Shopping Centre, Clonmel
- Apply lashes when you have your makeup finished and mascara has been applied.
- Check the length of the lashes along your natural lash line, you may need to trim them before applying them.
- Apply glue to the lashes and allow to dry for about 20-30 secs before applying the lashes to your eyes.
- When applying lashes try to get the lashes as close to your natural lashes as possible, try not have any gaps between your lashes and the false ones.
- When the glue has set, look up a few time times to make sure that you have not stuck any of the bottom lashes and gently push up the false lash.
- A little trick when the lashes are stuck is to gently stretch the corners of the eye out so to pull the skin slightly this will give a comfort feel to the lashes. After about 5-10 mins you will forget you are even wearing them.
- Apply some gel/liquid liner along the lash line for definition, this also disguises the joining area, apply some mascara to bring all the lashes together and add some more impact.
- Remove the lashes by holding down one corner and gently lifting the other corner and peel it along the lash line. Always keep a bit of pressure on the eye when removing not to lift the skin.
WARNING!!!!! Lashes are addictive!!!!!!! Have fun… ❤
Stay tuned for next weeks Beauty Tip Thursday with the TOP Health & Beauty advice from our Sam McCauley Chemist Beauty Expert, Louise Amond.
Read Louise Amond’s Biography HERE & find her in Sam McCauley Chemist, Carlow Shopping Centre.