It’s Beauty Tip Thursday! Today’s Topic? SERUMS!
There has been a lot of talk lately about serums, but which serum is the best for your skin type? Or a more frequently asked question is
WHAT IS SERUM??
Serum is a high concentrated product that can contain 10 times more of biologically active substances than creams. They act in the same way as creams but in contrast to creams, serums give visible results quicker. Serums can be grouped for different skin concerns so make sure to pick the one that is going to be the perfect match for your skin concern.
According to the benefits of each serum they can be grouped as the following:
- Pore minimising/ refining
- Skin tone correctors
Serums should always be applied before moisture cream and after your cleansing routine. If you where to apply your cream first and then your serum, the cream acts as a barrier and the serum will not be able to penetrate the skin fully, so this is why the serums are always applied first. Most serums are applied in the morning and evening, but there are a certain few that work best at different times such as Lancôme Genifique works best when applied in the morning. Always consult your cosmetic consultant before staring to use your serum to make sure you will get the best results.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOP SERUMS FOR EACH GROUP
- CLINIQUE REPAIRWEAR LASOR FOCUS WRINKLE + UV DAMAGE CORRECTOR is a de-aging serum for the face and eyes that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while correcting uv damage with visible results to dermatological laser 63% to be exact, used morning & evening, make sure you always use a uv protection. Clinique Repairwear Lasor Focus 30ml – €48
- VISONNAIRE LR 2412 advanced skin corrector that helps to correct wrinkle and skin imperfection, pores look tightened giving an even better make up application, can be used morning & evening. Ideally used evening and genifique for morning. Lancome Visionnaire 30ml—€70.00
- ESTEE LAUDER PERFECTIONIST CP it instantly gives a reduction in the appearance of lines and wrinkles with a flexible elastomer so that they look reduced all day long, use in the morning. Estee Lauder Perfectionist 30ml – €57
- VICHY LIFTACTIV SERUM 10 powerful anti wrinkle serum, it is so concentrated and powerful that just in a few drops wrinkles appear to fade in just 10 mins even suitable for sentive skin,91% non serum users like it, use morning & evening. Vichy Liftactive Serum 30ml – €34.50
- CLARINS HYDRA QUENCH BI-PHASE SERUM is perfect for very dehydrated skin, when your skin feels tight and uncomfortable this serum used daily in the morning & evening, helps restore comfort, softness + youthful radiance it also contains alfalfa which boost the production of collagen. It helps minimize the appearance of premature wrinkles. Clarins Hydra Quench Bi-Phase Serum – €53.00
- ESTEE LAUDER ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR It needs no introduction. I think everyone has heard of this product. Its great for hydration as the hyaluronic acid looks in the moisture, it also helps against free radicals before they can damage the skin and cause it to look older. When used daily it helps to reduce the appearance of past damage caused by environmental assaults. Use in the evening. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair 30ml—52 EURO
- LANCOME GENIFIQUE Youth activating concentrate, it helps provide a visibly younger looking skin in just 7 days, by using genifique you are boosting proteins in the skin which results in the skin been replumped, refined and illuminated as if the skin has been light from with in. in 8 weeks regain the signature of younger looking skin, use daily in the morning, and its perfect partner for the night is Visonnaire lr 2412. Lancome Genefique 30ml – €70.00
- CLINIQUE TURNAROUND concentrated radiance renewer a fast acting serum that provides advanced exfoliation to improve the skin texture, clarity and radiance; it leaves the skin softer, smoother and noticeably brighter the next day, use in the morning and evening. Clinique Turnaround 30ml – €45.00
SKIN TONE CORRECTOR SERUM
- CLINIQUE EVEN BETTER CLINICAL DARK SPOT CORRECTOR is a clinically proven serum that helps reduce dark spots, discolouration and even skin tone with results equal to a leading prescription ingredient, apply in the morning and evening, and always use a sunscreen. After 12 weeks you will see 58% reduction in dark spots and improvement in even skin tone. Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector 50ML – €58.00
- ESTEE LAUDER IDEALIST EVEN SKIN TONE ILLUMINATOR helps significantly reduce the look of uneven skin tone, blotchiness, past blemish marks and discolouration for all ethnicities and skin tones It instantly reveals skin that looks fresh and radiant. 79% of women saw an immediate improvement in the look of uneven skin tone. Always wear an spf daily, and use morning and evening for the 1st two weeks, then just use in the morning. Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skin Tone Illuminator 50ml – €80.00/ 30ml – €57.00
- CLARINS VITAL LIGHT SERUM dark spot corrector and age repairing serum, it helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots and visibly reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and restoring complexion luminosity. It ensures smooth even toned and luminous skin that appears younger looking and full of vitality. Use in the morning and evening daily. Also use a sunscreen daily. Clarins Vital Light Serum 30ml – €68.00
- CLINIQUE PORE REFINING SOLUTIONS CORRECTING SERUM it corrects instantly and over time to visibly reduce the appearance of pores or a smoother tighter and younger complexion, use in the morning and evening daily, also use an uv protection. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum 30ml – €49.00
- ESTEE LAUDER IDEALIST PORE MINIMISING SKIN REFINISHER it helps to reveal more clarity, smoothness and luminosity, it helps to prevent flakiness, roughness and dullness. Pores appear 1/3 smaller. Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimising Skin Refinisher 50ml – €72.00/30ml – €50
- VICHY NORMADERM hydrating care it targets 6 areas blemishes, pores, shine, oily skin, imperfection marks and irregular complexion, paraben and fragrance free suitable for sensitive skin use daily gives 24 hr hydration perfect under foundation and contains thermal spa water for a soothing effect. Vichy Normaderm 50ml- €17.50
- LANCOME VISIONNAIRE LR 2412 also one of the benefits for viaionnaire is that it helps to strengthen the pore walls which reduces the appearance of pores, use am and pm and always use a sunscreen. Lancome Visionnaire 30ml – €70.00
Always remember to exfoliate regularly if you suffer from open pores as this will keep the pores clean, an exfoliater is the perfect partner product to any serum for pores.
Stay tuned for next weeks Beauty Tip Thursday with the TOP Health & Beauty advice from our Sam McCauley Chemist Beauty Expert, Louise Amond.
Read Louise Amond’s Biography HERE & find her in Sam McCauley Chemist, Carlow Shopping Centre.