Music festivals, you either love them or hate them, but one thing is for sure… they are becoming very fashionable and setting high standards in the style stake’s from designer HUNTER wellies, to Cath Kidston rain coats. Its all about looking good, but there are a few essentials that you still need to pack so that you make it a fun weekend to remember for good reasons!!
SKIN CARE ESSENTIALS:
- Hand sanitizer- festivals normally me Porto loos!!!
- Wet wipes – not for taking your make up off but for general hygiene – no showers!!
- If you are going to wear tan don’t use an instant one, even though some are waterproof and I am a big fan of Sally Hansen if it is going to be lovely Irish weather and you are partying in a field I would recommend an wear off tan my personal favourite at the moment is bBold. I have been using the light-medium and its fab, easy to apply and it doesn’t really smell until it has nearly developed fully. It lasted about 5-7 days on as well which is good going.
- Waterproof mascara- panda eyes are not a good look
- Hydrating water based moisture cream for your face and a hydrating depuffing eye gel for your eyes- this will help keep you fresh during all the partying!! I would recommend the “all about eye serum” it is a roller ball and easy to apply and pack! you could also bring Optrix eye mist this is brilliant to refresh tired eyes and can also help if you are a hay fever suffers
- Hand cream
- Bright or coloured nail varnish- so that you don’t see the dirt under your nails!
- Sun cream ( if it happens to be a bit sunny could get sunburnt easy at a concert)
- Insoles for you wellies – some wellies aren’t the most comfortable foot ware so use an insole to keep your feet dry and comfy.
- Hair spry and hair clips
- Dry shampoo
- Tooth brush and mouth wash
- Lip balm
- Paracetamol (pain)
- Motilium – stomach upset
- Plaster/blister plasters
- Antiseptic spray/wipes or cream
- Bug spray
- Cetrine – antihistamine
- A good tent
- Rain coat
- Wellies and wellie socks. These are the only socks that will keep your feet warm in wellies, and comfortable. Ugg’s are really not a good look at a concert that you are in a field and maybe mucked up to your knees, rain and Ugg’s do NOT mix!!
- Bin bags – to keep your fresh clothes dry just in case your tent leeks and for rubbish
- Warm sleeping bags
- Hat and sunglasses just in case
- Lots and lots of water to keep you hydrated and to brush your teeth
- Clean clothes!!
You may be thinking that I have gone a small bit too far with my lists, but trust me, if you are in a field for the weekend and need any of the above and don’t have them or access to get them, it will be a LONG weekend!!