This week I decided to do a check for any of the lucky people going away on holidays, it might make packing a little easier!!
SKIN CARE ESSENTIALS
- Cleanser, toner and eye make-up remover or you could save space in the case and use a 3 in 1 like Lancôme eau micellaire doceur, which is perfect for using on holidays etc.
- Moisture cream that is water based which will give lots of hydration esp. on a sun holiday. Your skin can get tight from sun exposure and lack of water.
- Eye cream – try and use something again that’s water based like a hydration gel, you might notice that over exposure to the sun can result in darkness and puffiness around the eyes, so keep your eye gel in a cool area. This is great to refresh your eyes esp. if there has been a few too many late nights!!
- Exfoliate – when holidaying, you will be using a lot of product on your skin as you will be applying sun protection frequently, and sometimes you may not be removing your make up after a late night as well as you do at home! So using a small amount of face scrub twice in the week is good to keep your pores clean. Only ever exfoliate at night and be careful if your skin is burnt!!!!
- SUNCREAM – use a separate cream for face and body as the body creams are too heavy for the face. Call in and talk to our consultants about sun protection and the best formula and factor for you. If you have sun creams that are open from last year they will not be the same amount of sun protection in them this year so I would advice a new one. It is imperative to be careful in the sun!!!
- After sun – try to use one that contains aloe Vera as this is great if you have gotten a little sunburn, its soothing and hydrating and will help heal your skin and take the sting out off the burn
- Lip protection – over exposure to the sun can result in cold sores. The skin on our lips is so thin that they burn and peel very easy. If you go for a high protection stick this can also be used on target area’s such as moles, scares etc for extra protection
- Insect repellent- this again is worth calling in and talking to a member of staff about as there are so many different formulas to choose from, esp. when it come to infants. When it comes to the repellent it is the deet content in the formula that you are looking for, so the higher the better to help stop the lovely little insects from having a holiday on your skin!!
Shop online at www.sammccauleys.com and see in a Sam McCauley Chemists near you to find all your Skin Care Essentials.
Stay tuned for next weeks Beauty Tip Thursday with the TOP Health & Beauty advice from our Sam McCauley Chemist Beauty Expert, Louise Amond.
Read Louise Amond’s Biography HERE & find her in Sam McCauley Chemist, Carlow Shopping Centre.