Music festivals you either love them or hate them but one thing is for sure they have become very fashionable and setting high standards in the style stakes from designer HUNTER wellies, CATH KIDSTON rain coats and HAIRSPRAY extensions and accessories… all out rocking that festival look!!
Now electric picnic is a bit different than other music festivals there is a bit of everything in it to suit all types of people and cater for all your needs, but there are still a few essentials that you will need to pack to insure that you have a weekend to remember for a good reason!!
- Paracetamol –pain
- Motilium – upset stomach
- Plaster/ blister plaster
- Antiseptic spray/ cream/ wipes
- Bug spray
- Cetrine antihistamine
- Hand santizer – think porto loo’s
- Wet wipes – not for removing makeup for general hygiene-no showers
- Sun cream
- Insoles for willies as they are not the most comfortable of foot wear
- Tooth brush + mouth wash
- Dry shampoo- think so shower ( do remember to bring a brush to brush through the shampoo)
- 3 in 1 cleanser, toner and eyemake-up remover like lancome eau micelleur douceur, perfect for a weekend away.
- Waterproof mascara – panda eyes are not a good look
- Hydrating water based moisture cream for face and hydrating water based depuffying eye gel to keep you fresh faced during all the partying – “ cq all about eyes depufing gel” star buy
- Tan – the dreaded false tan if you are going to wear a tan go for one that is a wear off and not a wash off, I am a fan of the sally Hansen but if our lovely irish weather continues then that is one look that you do not want to be seen wearing!! We have tried and tested a LOT of tans in this store and the top 2 tans are BBOLD and CALIFORNIA tans both of these are easy to apply,dry quick and don’t really smell until they are fully developed, after the 8-9 hours of developing when you wash the excess tan off you are left with a really natural looking than, and you can top the tan up if you require a darker than, I have been using the light-medium and Christine uses the medium – dark and both give great results WE LOVE THEM !!
- Optrix eye mist this is brilliant to refresh tired eyes and can also help if you are a hay fever suffer
- Hand cream
- Bright coloured nail varnish so you don’t see the dirt under your nails
- Hair spray and hair clips
- HAIRSPRAY ( the brand) hair extensions and accessories such as clip in extensions, scrunchie, donuts, clip in ponytails and the hot new fishbone plat are perfect to keep your hair looking fab for the 3-4 days of the festival, because think about it no showers,no hair dryer, no curlers and no straighteners= night mare!!!!!
- Perfume –because its nice
- Make-up may be difficult to manage in some of the conditions but if you want something quick and easy and is a hot trend at the moment then try something like a BB cream they help to even out the tone of the skin given a small amount of coverage and colour and have a high spf in them for protection
MAKEUP BAG CHECKLIST
If you are like me when it comes to make-up “ where there is a will there is a way” then you may need the following checklist
- Foundation or BB cream
- Brow pencil
- Eyeshadow (optional liner can be enough) gosh and Clinique do a waterproof one!!
- A good tent
- Rain coat
- Wellies and wellies socks. These are the only socks that will keep your feet warm in wellies and comfortable. Ugg’s are not really a good look at a concert in a field and maybe mucked up to your knees……………..rain and ugg’s don’t mix!!!!!
- Bin bags- to keep your clothes fresh and clean just in case your tent leeks and for rubbish
- Warm sleeping bag you may get a couple of hours sleep
- Hat and sunglasses just in case
- Lots an dlots of water to keep you hydrated and to clean your teeth
- Clean clothes and socks
Ok so I guess that you are thinking that I have gone a little bit over board on the lists but trust me if you are stuck in a field and need any of these things and don’t have access to them ( although we do have 2 stores in Carlow which is an half an hour from the picnic) it may be a LONG WEEKEND!! ENJOY X
Shop online at www.sammccauleys.com and see in a Sam McCauley Chemists near you to find all your Skin Care Essentials.
Stay tuned for next weeks Beauty Tip Thursday with the TOP Health & Beauty advice from our Sam McCauley Chemist Beauty Expert, Louise Amond.
Read Louise Amond’s Biography HERE & find her in Sam McCauley Chemist, Carlow Shopping Centre.