BEAUTY TIP THURSDAY …. BIG BOLD BROWS
One big trend hitting the cat walks and been rocked by the celebs this season is …big, bold eyebrows. Think classic Hollywood stars who wore big eye brows such as Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren & Elizabeth Taylor to name but a few.
Eyebrows are the latest trend for the fashionistas, changing the look and shape of their eyebrows to complement their style and this year bigger is better!!! Eyebrows create a focal point on the face and can be shaped by tweezing, waxing and treading. There are products on the market that are excellent to help maintain their shape until your next salon appointment which I will talk about later on. Now when I say bigger is better one thing to remember is I am not talking about the SCOUSE brow!!!
It’s the terrifying make-up movement gripping D-lebrity land, but what exactly is Scouse Brow?
Unless you’ve been living under a rock the ‘Scouse Brow’ will have evaded your attention by now. The bad news is that you can run, but you can’t hide from the most catastrophic beauty trend to hit the high street since the ‘vajazzle’.
Take one pair of normal eyebrows. Pluck, thread or wax to within a millimetre of their lives so that there is minimal hair left. Then draw your brows back on in the darkest colour possible using an eyebrow stencil kit & voila the monstrous Scouse Brow is complete!
However do not despair … CELEBRITY BROWS IS IN YOUR REACH!
Now thanks to a unique seven-step brow shaping treatment, you can have the ultimate in well-groomed, high definition eyebrows.
From Hollyoaks to Hollywood celebrities understand how important your brow shape is to your face and that’s why they’re all turning to High Definition Brows. HD Brows not only puts celebrity beauty within your reach, it is also very affordable.
BUT BE WARNED-once you’ve tried this celebrity brow treatment, you’ll love your brows so much there’ll be no turning back!!!!
Good quality tools are vital to achieve a professional finish!
My top 5 favourite products for brows are:-
1. Clinique instant lift for brows in soft brown this colour will suit almost all hair colours (to match your eyebrows to your natural hair colour or as close to it as possible) the pencil is double ended one side has a highlighter on it which you place under the brows for an instant lift and the other end is the colour pencil. Retailing at €17.00
2. Clarins eyebrow kit – all the tools you need for a perfect shaped brow, black, brown and blonde shadow, fixing wax, brush, applicator and tweezers. Retailing at €39.65
3. Gosh brow kit – contains 3 powders , wax and brush. Retailing at €11.20
4. Gosh long lasting brow pen for extreme definition and lasting results while worn. Retailing at €10.20
5. Lancôme Hypnose brow shaper gel excellent to shape and define brows that don’t need extra colour as it is a clear formula gel. Retailing at €25.00
Shop online at www.sammccauleys.com or in a Sam McCauley Chemists near you.
Stay tuned for next weeks Beauty Tip Thursday with the TOP Health & Beauty advice from our Sam McCauley Chemist Beauty Expert, Louise Amond.
Read Louise Amond’s Biography HERE & find her in Sam McCauley Chemist, Carlow Shopping Centre.